Please Read the Community Forum Guidelines Before Posting.

Photo

New site for my current/future writings

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 King Elliott

King Elliott

Senior DPSelfhelp.com Member

• Administrators
  • 943 posts

Posted 15 December 2016 - 09:48 PM

As I've mentioned in a few posts before today, I've decided to set up my own site to self-host all my writing on DP (articles, guides, discussions, megathreads etc.). None of this content is available on DPSH anymore and it never will be due to my disagreement with the recent ownership changes.

Well, I finished doing a basic "plain text" style design with good formatting for the kind of stuff I write and the site is up (the index at least!).

I've chosen 20 articles to start with, which are all in varying states of completion. Some of them are going to be straight updates of familiar threads from DPSH like my famous Psychiatric Treatments MT (which is getting a big update to v3.0). Others will be completed drafts of articles that I never managed to finish before the DPSH takeover like my review of the connection between sleep and DP (including what's known and what's likely in my opinion). A handful will be completely new like an examination of the concordance of neuroimaging techniques and results in DP. I'll slowly be adding them over the coming weeks.

You can find the new site at dptalk.net. Thanks for all the support for my writing over the last couple of years. There's actually a shoutout section on my new homepage where I say my various thanks so I won't reiterate it.

Since there aren't any articles uploaded at the moment, here's what the article layout looks like:

ez2TuuB.png

12cytzg.png

9jVlUj6.png

C80n2TV.png

#2 luctor et emergo

luctor et emergo

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 375 posts

Posted 17 December 2016 - 03:55 AM

Again great work in progress, good sir!

#3 TDX

TDX

Senior DPSelfhelp.com Member

• DPSH Members
  • 1,134 posts

Posted 19 December 2016 - 07:31 PM

Will you also set up that thing, the one that I talked about in the PM "Your MT"...? I think you know what I mean. :) Maybe on X-Mas?

Your site also deserves some criticism. It's not about the technical content (there is none at the moment), but still something important that you should address, especially if you expect that psychiatrists might read your writings. But it's not something I want to say in the public.

#4 Lostherheart

Lostherheart

Advanced Member

• DPSH Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 23 January 2017 - 05:10 PM

I tried to read more on your website but the links don't go anywhere :/ I've been lurking on this website for about 4 months now, after I figured out what the heck is going on with my brain. Every time I have to explain what's going on to someone I feel like a crazy person, I really wish I was a crazy person and then I would have no idea what was going on and I feel like it would make this much easier. 0o

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users