Please Read the Community Forum Guidelines Before Posting.

Photo

Has anyone recovered from blank mind/no thoughts/no inner dialogue

• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

Poll: Has anyone recovered from blank mind/no thoughts/no inner dialogue (30 member(s) have cast votes)

Has anyone recovered from blank mind/no thoughts/no inner dialogue

1. Yes (8 votes [26.67%])

Percentage of vote: 26.67%

2. No (8 votes [26.67%])

Percentage of vote: 26.67%

3. In progress (14 votes [46.67%])

Percentage of vote: 46.67%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 andcrew

andcrew

Advanced Member

• DPSH Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 08 December 2016 - 10:23 AM

Hello guys, I am new to this forum. I would want to know if you know anyone that has recovered from the blank mind/no thoughts/no inner dialogue. If you have a story or can refer me to one please post it here. Thank you.

#2 mezona

mezona

Great Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 589 posts

Posted 09 December 2016 - 12:15 AM

Andcrew, do you have the blank mind?
  • TMS likes this

#3 andcrew

andcrew

Advanced Member

• DPSH Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 09 December 2016 - 05:18 AM

Yes, Mezona, I do have the blank mind. It started when I got DP, it is like my mind doesnt think about anything, also cant visualize anything. Can any of the people that voted Yes to share a story on how to deal with it. Thanks in advance!

#4 TK!

TK!

• DPSH Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 09 December 2016 - 12:36 PM

I wouldn't say I've recovered from blank mind but I think I'm definitely in the process of recovering. What's helped me the most (and you've probably read this in the recovery stories) is keeping yourself busy. I've been making a list of things I need/want to do and trying to plan my days as fully as possible. Having a task to focus on or thinking about a task I need to do keeps my mind open and engaged. Eventually, you start to have random passing thoughts like before. Hope this helps!

#5 andcrew

andcrew

Advanced Member

• DPSH Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 09 December 2016 - 03:24 PM

TK that sounds very good. Thanks for the answer. Can you post one of those recovery stories from no inner thoughts and monologue please. Also I would want to ask when your monologue and thoughts are coming back do they seem yours as normal or they feel distant and detached. Because i get thoughts from time to time but they feels as they are not mine and don't affect me in anyway and I can't recall them afterwards

#6 Lostsoul26

Lostsoul26

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 145 posts

Posted 09 December 2016 - 04:52 PM

Ive had blank mind for 8years now and yes the only thing that has helped is staying busy felt like ive had passing random thoughts by doing this.how did your blank mind start?

#7 andcrew

andcrew

Advanced Member

• DPSH Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 13 December 2016 - 07:49 AM

Ive had blank mind for 8years now and yes the only thing that has helped is staying busy felt like ive had passing random thoughts by doing this.how did your blank mind start?

You can check my story here: http://www.dpselfhel...f-this-is-dpdr/

#8 mezona

mezona

Great Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 589 posts

Posted 14 December 2016 - 04:28 PM

Please for those who did, share your stories. We are desperate :(

#9 999661

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 65 posts

Posted 14 December 2016 - 04:42 PM

No one really has a fully blank blank/no thoughts, otherwise they wouldn't be able to write a post to tell other about it ! Its just an impression

#10 Lostsoul26

Lostsoul26

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 145 posts

Posted 14 December 2016 - 04:48 PM

Actually I do i could stare at a wall all day and not think anything.AnD if I do have some kind of thought process its like saying half a sentence n just completely stopping its never a full thought.its like there's a filter and my thoughts cant get through it at all there's something there they want to but they cant and dont and that is my hell

#11 Hedgehog fuzz

Hedgehog fuzz

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 389 posts

Posted 14 December 2016 - 07:14 PM

I know exactly what you both mean. Of course its not totally blank (only death could do that), but for all intents and purposes...

I have it too so I know exactly what you are going through.

This might one interest to you or maybe not http://www.longecity...nbrain-changes/

#12 Hedgehog fuzz

Hedgehog fuzz

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 389 posts

Posted 17 December 2016 - 06:57 AM

By blank mind, this is what I mean: 

I have a blank/empty mind, and by that I mean:

• no internal monologue/thoughts. I literally can't "hear" my internal speech.
  • No chitter chatter in my head (like above)
  • No daydreaming 
  • No imagination or visualisation
  • Buzzing noise in my head

Who has anything similar to this and what has helped? I HAVE to reverse this. This is making me seriously contemplate suicide all of the time. Let's recover.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users