Please Read the Community Forum Guidelines Before Posting.

Photo

DP Meetup in Oxfordshire

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 oksfyre

oksfyre

Advanced Member

• DPSH Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 04 December 2016 - 07:09 PM

Hi, I started a group on Meetup.com a while ago for DP sufferers and trying to get more people to join up and come along. We meet every other week in Oxford, mainly at the Jam Factory which is a really low key, chilled restaurant / bar with a great atmosphere and artistic vibe with many interesting books and other things.

Here's the link to the group:

https://www.meetup.c...lisation-Group/

Would anyone be interested in joining and coming along? We chat mainly about our experiences with DP, things that help, family experiences etc. Sometimes we bring books on DP. Sometimes we just talk, eat, chit chat and have a laugh. But it would be great to meet other sufferers so we can draw common ground and generally feel like we aren't the only ones in the universe with this horrible affliction.

#2 Pondererer

Pondererer

Great Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 616 posts
  • LocationBergen, Norway

Posted 05 December 2016 - 06:18 AM

Wow, im literally on the plain back home from London right now, and i would love this! Talk about timing..

#3 Autonomic Space Monkey

Autonomic Space Monkey

Senior DPSelfhelp.com Member

• DPSH Members
  • 1,355 posts
  • LocationLondon UK

Posted 05 December 2016 - 08:09 AM

Meeting up with fellow sufferers for support is a good way of managing DP. Thread moved to the Managing DPD forum.

#4 oksfyre

oksfyre

Advanced Member

• DPSH Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 05 December 2016 - 09:30 AM

Wow, im literally on the plain back home from London right now, and i would love this! Talk about timing..

That's a shame. Let us know when you are in the area again, and we can meet up!

#5 oksfyre

oksfyre

Advanced Member

• DPSH Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 08 December 2016 - 04:13 PM

Still looking for more people to join up if anyone's interested in the Oxford area? We don't bite! Seriously though it's really good support to be around people you can relate to.

#6 Hedgehog fuzz

Hedgehog fuzz

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 406 posts

Posted 14 February 2017 - 12:55 PM

I am nowhere close to Oxford, but if this group is happening, I will come down to check it out one week, 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users