Please Read the Community Forum Guidelines Before Posting.

Photo

what other illness do you suffer?

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 indie

indie

• DPSH Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
  • Locationsouth florida

Posted 12 August 2016 - 10:33 PM

Including mental and physical, what sort of illnesses do you suffer besides dp/dr? Have they worsened since onset, appeared alongside, gotten better, etc.

I have suffered from depression horribly before, along with tmj (jaw locking issue) before due to stress, and my anxiety has GREATLY worsened, and though my depression, is in a way, better, the suicidal thoughts are so much worse. I have noticed ADHD and OCD symptoms a lot, and they've become less manageable since me having them prior. My doctor diagnosed me with bipolar type two, but he wouldn't hear me out that it is simply just DP. 

#2 Autonomic Space Monkey

Autonomic Space Monkey

Senior DPSelfhelp.com Member

• DPSH Members
  • 1,285 posts
  • LocationLondon UK

Posted 13 August 2016 - 12:21 PM

Severe Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD), MVPS/Dysautonomia, TMJD, Chronic Fatigue, Chronic Insomnia, Asthma, various allergies/sensitivities/intolerances/MCS, & some mild Halucinagen Perceptual Persisting Disorder (HPPD). Also have postural problems & flat feet. I was diagnosed with Adrena Fatigue & glucose metabolism issues after a hair mineral analysis I had recently as well.

#3 willzzzzza

willzzzzza

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 67 posts
  • LocationFL

Posted 04 September 2016 - 08:04 PM

DP/DR ofcourse and HPPD. Anxiety i guess just GAD. 

#4 KurtCobain

KurtCobain

Advanced Member

• DPSH Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 08 October 2016 - 10:55 PM

ptsd & adhd

#5 freezeup

freezeup

Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 10 October 2016 - 02:22 AM

HPPD,GAD,SAD,Agoraphobia also probably on the spectrum in some way. 

#6 forestx5

forestx5

Great Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 609 posts
  • Locationcentral virginia blue ridge mountains

Posted 10 October 2016 - 07:37 AM

I have advanced heart disease. (Atherosclerosis).  In 2001, I underwent CABGX5 (coronary artery bypass grafts times 5).  I had the procedure done at the Stroobants Heart Center.  I briefly researched the procedure and asked if it could be done "beating heart" ie. off the bypass machine.  Dr Frantz said "I always wanted to try 5 on a beating heart!" LOL

Stroobants is a great story. I think he was a Belgian immigrant who started a successful machinery operation. He built the heart center when he learned he needed CABG and was told he would have to go to Duke for it. He didn't feel like traveling. Stroobants also enjoyed success in animal genetics.  Just a cool guy. Actually, I have suffered very little from heart disease.

The only discomfort I felt was angina and shortness of breath upon exertion. A month following the operation and I was back to playing full court basketball. It's been 15 years since and no problems.

#7 thy

thy

• DPSH Members
  • 761 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 10 October 2016 - 12:24 PM

Nothing. I think I might be in a small minority.

#8 Yuuuumypinksprinkles

Yuuuumypinksprinkles

Advanced Member

• DPSH Members
  • 48 posts
  • Locationmassachusetts

Posted 10 October 2016 - 01:09 PM

lol ocd ,adhd ,bipolor, sevevere depression, anxiety and dpdr did i miss anything mmmmmmmmmmm im full of mental disorders 

ooohhhhhhhhhh and i suffer from the i dont give a fuck disorder

#9 TDX

TDX

• DPSH Members
  • 1,134 posts

Posted 10 October 2016 - 01:17 PM

I have severe depression. For people with mental disorders it is not unusual to have other mental disorders, too.

#10 forestx5

forestx5

Great Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 609 posts
  • Locationcentral virginia blue ridge mountains

Posted 10 October 2016 - 11:52 PM

Depression is a whole new order of suffering.  I once went 52 days without real sleep.  Every 3 or 4 days I would "enjoy" 3 hours of unconsciousness, but I wouldn't call it sleep.  I would be tossed back into consciousness rudely, as if my sleep had been a puddle that had evaporated.  Insomnia is a torture that increases the likelihood of suicide by a factor of 5.  Anxiety increases that by another factor of 5.  How can you be sleepless without anxiety?  Depression with insomnia and anxiety is a near death sentance.  I don't know how I survived.  Not sure I could do it again.

#11 TDX

TDX

• DPSH Members
  • 1,134 posts

Posted 11 October 2016 - 05:24 AM

Depression is a whole new order of suffering.  I once went 52 days without real sleep.  Every 3 or 4 days I would "enjoy" 3 hours of unconsciousness, but I wouldn't call it sleep.  I would be tossed back into consciousness rudely, as if my sleep had been a puddle that had evaporated.  Insomnia is a torture that increases the likelihood of suicide by a factor of 5.  Anxiety increases that by another factor of 5.  How can you be sleepless without anxiety?  Depression with insomnia and anxiety is a near death sentance.  I don't know how I survived.  Not sure I could do it again.

For me sleeping itself wasn't that much a problem. Sleeping regulary was a big problem. Before Mirtazapine I often went to bed at 6:00 and and got up at 16:00. Often this interval shifted forward each day, so on the next day I slept at 7:00 to 17:00, than at 8:00 to 18:00 and so on. That's bad, but inability to sleep is worse of course. I know that, because when I took Aripiprazole I wasn't able to sleep, although I would be tired. When I withdrew from Clozapine I wasn't able to sleep for 10 days.

#12 Guest_Auraa_*

Guest_Auraa_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 October 2016 - 10:21 AM

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users