Please Read the Community Forum Guidelines Before Posting.

Photo

Anxiety while watching movies

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 vonis22

vonis22

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 29 July 2016 - 02:52 PM

I have lots of anxiety when watching movies. I was watching the movie "Still Alice" today. It's about a woman who gets Alzheimers at a very young age. I almost felt like I inherited her Alzheimers or something. I have that with a lot of movies. Especially when a character is mentally off, I feel like Im getting the same illness or feel the same way that they do. Does anyone have any experience with this? It's super annoying sometimes, because I cant even enjoy a movie without feel anxious anymore.

#2 Beatz808

Beatz808

Advanced Member

• DPSH Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 29 July 2016 - 04:12 PM

Haha certain movies used to freak me out as well. Especialy movies about false realities. The Matrix made me trip the fuck out.

#3 revuptheglory

revuptheglory

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 91 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted 04 August 2016 - 08:14 PM

Seriously, I was watching a movie about a girl with multiple personallities and schizophrenia and I just started making connections and panicking because it seemed like I could really relate to them and the diagnosis. I avoid movies, they are really too much for me

#4 Andre

Andre

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 76 posts

Posted 09 January 2017 - 10:46 PM

I always have a really hard time watching movies..I simply cant connect the ideas, maybe because Im always thinking instead of perceiving it... I always feel like a retard by the end, when everyone is commenting about the movie and Im like I didnt watch it.. it really sucks

#5 Hedgehog fuzz

Hedgehog fuzz

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 65 posts

Posted 10 January 2017 - 06:25 PM

I'm avoiding matrix or inception for obvious reasons.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users