Please Read the Community Forum Guidelines Before Posting.

Photo

Any Christians?

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#13 lilly59599

lilly59599

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 13 February 2017 - 05:14 PM

I think I am, I'm not sure anymore - God seems far aware

i feel bro, like idek what i am. I was christian lol.

#14 Hedgehog fuzz

Hedgehog fuzz

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 187 posts

Posted 17 February 2017 - 06:19 AM

Why would people want to rely entirely on "god"? This is something that I have never ever understood about Christian attitudes. Wouldn't you want to be able, self-reliant and have the skill set to survive. I'm just asking.

#15 brill

brill

Advanced Member

• DPSH Members
  • 44 posts
  • Locationno fixed address

Posted 17 February 2017 - 09:15 PM

Why would people want to rely entirely on "god"? This is something that I have never ever understood about Christian attitudes. Wouldn't you want to be able, self-reliant and have the skill set to survive. I'm just asking.

rely on God to give the skill set

#16 <AGENT>teh345

<AGENT>teh345

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 294 posts

Posted 17 February 2017 - 10:51 PM

I am. I recently regained my faith this past December. Good to be back.

You don't rely entirely on god. 

God does nothing for those who don't try. 

#17 Hedgehog fuzz

Hedgehog fuzz

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 187 posts

Posted 18 February 2017 - 08:11 AM

I don't know what it means to rely on the skill set from god. And why not learn the skill set yourself?

Agent, how much do "you"try and how much does God do? 

sorry if i sound a bit rude, I'm just going straight for the questions!

#18 Hedgehog fuzz

Hedgehog fuzz

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 187 posts

Posted 18 February 2017 - 08:16 AM

I was emotionally and psychologically destroyed by my time in Christian group last year. It was somewhat cultish. I think that it has contributed towards the mental illness that I am in now. I was extremely vulnerable when I went in, which I think the Pastor should of realised, but also I was in no sensible frame to approach religious matters in a normal and sensible way. I have read the Bible and cannot see any evidence for a loving God. I am fucking shit scared of God. 

#19 brill

brill

Advanced Member

• DPSH Members
  • 44 posts
  • Locationno fixed address

Posted 19 February 2017 - 08:00 PM

I was emotionally and psychologically destroyed by my time in Christian group last year. It was somewhat cultish. I think that it has contributed towards the mental illness that I am in now. I was extremely vulnerable when I went in, which I think the Pastor should of realised, but also I was in no sensible frame to approach religious matters in a normal and sensible way. I have read the Bible and cannot see any evidence for a loving God. I am fucking shit scared of God.

sounds like the bad experience with that particular Christian group has affected your belief in God.

Kinda like going to a restaurant and getting bad service from one particular waitress and then deeming the restaurant to be awful

#20 Hedgehog fuzz

Hedgehog fuzz

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 187 posts

Posted 20 February 2017 - 05:33 AM

Yeah I suppose, but I already had problems with God before - I was a firm atheist. When I went to the Christian group, it exacerbated it. I am not trying to offend people here, but a lot of the fundamental Christian doctrine really makes that anxiety and fear, much, much worse. It makes my existential fear component of DP/DR worse. I don't think anyone can have a problem with Jesus and his teachings but the rest of it freaks me out. I also do not appreciate being told that I am destined for hell for rejecting certain beliefs. 

I still think that churches are beautiful and the influence in western europe is very important - more politically and economically than anything.

#21 Yoloking123

Yoloking123

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 72 posts
  • LocationNorth America

Posted 24 February 2017 - 01:52 PM

Yes i am a Christian and will always be for the rest of my Life. No matter how numb i am to him i always pray and find a sense of relief. Just know he is there and he cares and loves you so much.
1 Peter 4:12
Beloved, do not be surprised at the fiery trial when it comes upon you to test you, as though something strange were happening to you.
Matthew 6:27
And which of you by being anxious can add a single hour to his span of life?

#22 Vincentv

Vincentv

• DPSH Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted Yesterday, 06:36 PM

I have been raised as a christian, and been born again. I have left christianity for a dozen years and later on returned.

I can tell you one thing... that is if you make it a habit to pray on a regular basis... with your heart... make that connection with god... seek for a life filled with the holy spirit that it will help you experience a certain flame. I don't like to talk about it because talk is just talk. From time to time, completely depending on how much effort I put into it. God dis help heal dp... no doubt about it... that flame within is what we you and me need to seek for and keep it burning, no matter how hard it is. In the end we as christians have one big psychologist called God that can make a diference. But it;s about keeping that prayer alive....a s much as possible. Miracles can happen with dp-ed people. We have this advantage that we have this living emotional connection with God. But it can be dead. If so... if it feels dead,  then reviving it can help us get rid of DP quicker... I'm convinced. Try it... pray with your heart and depression and stuff can miraculously dissapear. Religion can be a cult, but an emotion connection with God is something completely different. Its so different in fact that life itself can turn around if we just try to communicate with out creator. And share how we feel with God. Prayer in combination with openheartedness definitely is what is needed. At least that is one thing where I have a lot of positive experieces with.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users