Please Read the Community Forum Guidelines Before Posting.

Photo

Recommended TV Series For Distraction From DP/DR

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#13 Autonomic Space Monkey

Autonomic Space Monkey

Senior DPSelfhelp.com Member

• DPSH Members
  • 1,307 posts
  • LocationLondon UK

Posted 09 July 2016 - 08:38 AM

Question for you. What makes Fringe so special to you compared to Bones, CSI, etc? Or just in general if you havent watched shows like Bones and CSI.

Because it's good quality Sc-Fi, & there's not much of that about. Also, most shows take a season to settle in, but this one nails it from the first episode. Must be that magical JJ Abrams effect. You may not like it though as it does have an intricate storyline running through all 5 series, but there are still plenty of one off stories in each episode to enjoy anyway. I like intricate storylines because they make me focus on them, & that means that I'm not focusing on the DP/DR.

#14 Autonomic Space Monkey

Autonomic Space Monkey

• DPSH Members
  • 1,307 posts
  • LocationLondon UK

Posted 26 November 2016 - 09:47 AM

Just finished watching Haven, a seriously underated supernatural TV series. The first season can be a bit silly & lame in places, but if you can get through that things really start to pick up afterwards. A couple of episodes in season 5 part 2 even made me cry!

:D

#15 Lostsoul26

Lostsoul26

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 145 posts

Posted 26 November 2016 - 09:50 PM

Orange is the new black and the walking dead my shit lol

#16 JuniperFlame

JuniperFlame

• DPSH Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
  • LocationSaskatchewan, Canada

Posted 04 December 2016 - 12:58 AM

I find any series that is long and dramatic really helps. For example, I'm currently re-watching Prison Break.

Supernatural is great, too. Well ... it's pretty awful. But you get attached to the characters and it really sucks you in. :)

#17 semicharmedlife

semicharmedlife

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 67 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 16 December 2016 - 04:35 PM

I highly recommend to get into something "light". The show "Parenthood" for instance really turned my brain off and I watched the entire series in a little less than a year. I could go back to it months later and still understand what was going on, and it was just a really nice show about a big family. I watched the entire series of "The OC" last winter, as my sort of "guilty pleasure" show. Right now, I just started "Party of Five." I also think reality tv can turn your brain off, but I don't think some of those shows are healthy for the brain, so to speak. 

#18 Autonomic Space Monkey

Autonomic Space Monkey

• DPSH Members
  • 1,307 posts
  • LocationLondon UK

Posted 17 December 2016 - 10:23 AM

Binge watched the first season of Bosch on Amazon Prime Video. It was an OK police drama. Didn't fancy watching season 2 though.

#19 BooBear

BooBear

• DPSH Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • LocationOttawa

Posted 28 December 2016 - 03:22 AM

Life Unexpected is a good one for girls. Super interesting and there's absolutely nothing triggering about it. :)

#20 bmxwatson

bmxwatson

• DPSH Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 21 February 2017 - 05:52 PM

- Mr Robot

- The OA

- The Travellers

- Timeless

- Legion

- Walking Dead