Please Read the Community Forum Guidelines Before Posting.

Photo

Iv'e almost 100% cured my DP, here's exactly how....

• Please log in to reply
144 replies to this topic

#1 mike500

mike500

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 24 May 2016 - 01:45 PM

Hi guys, 8 weeks ago I started on a treatment for my DP which has now almost fully cured it. I had constant derealization for about 14 years and then very severe derealization and deperonalization for the last 7 months before my treatment started.

Iv'e discovered something that I believe is the cause of all DP, and the treatment iv'e done because of this information has finally smashed my DP for the first time in 15 years and literally saved my life. So iv'e joined this forum to share an article that I had been working on for the past couple of months, and hopefully help others get out of DP.

Here is the link to my article.

Enjoy the read, and I wish you all the best of luck...

http://derealizationcure.webs.com/

#2 luctor et emergo

luctor et emergo

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 384 posts

Posted 24 May 2016 - 03:02 PM

Thanks and congratulations!

Will come back after reading.

#3 Newhope85

Newhope85

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 75 posts
  • LocationCanada, BC

Posted 24 May 2016 - 03:20 PM

I would say run like hell.  Run away from this place.  Rejoin the human race.  

#4 Billy D.P.

Billy D.P.

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 249 posts

Posted 24 May 2016 - 03:51 PM

Wow, this is a pretty great post. I was literally just googling zinc before I stumbled on this. I know a lot of people on this board feel there's a connection between zinc and DP-DR so it's good to see something like this that seems to corroborate these claims in more detail. 

I'm just starting on the paleo diet today. It's insane how many different people with different illnesses have benefited from going gluten free, especially paleo. I've been reading these boards up and down for the last month in trying to figure out a way to beat this and there seems to be a common thread involving healthy diet, rebalancing the body and spontaneous recovery. 

If you don't mind me asking, what kind of diet did you go on and how much zinc did you take per day? 

#5 Pondererer

Pondererer

Great Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 530 posts
  • LocationBergen, Norway

Posted 24 May 2016 - 04:31 PM

I think there's a good chance you're on to something here. It definately would explain why nobody seems to be able to recover, like at all, withouth going down a looong road of trials and errors. I'm definately going to try this out! :D

I litterally bought zink supplements for the first time in my life, just yesterday. I feel like this might just be a sign of all the pieces of the puzzle finally coming together for me :-)

I disagree with the taste test though, as for several medicines and vitamin supplies i've tried, they always seem to taste worse and worse over time ^_^

#6 Pondererer

Pondererer

Great Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 530 posts
  • LocationBergen, Norway

Posted 24 May 2016 - 04:57 PM

Ok, quite confused now. According to my google reasearch, alot of the foods that have zinc, also have lots of copper in them. Do you have like a spreadsheet of what to eat and not?

#7 mike500

mike500

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 24 May 2016 - 04:59 PM

Thanks for reading guys, I really hope this method can help other people.

My diet now is strictly any food & drink that does not contain high amounts of copper &/or sugar, wheat is a very bad one for high copper ( bread, dough, cereals etc ), so my only carb source now is from potato, porridge & bananas, I could eat rice too but I don't like it. Everything else is just eggs, fish, cheese... so it's a very basic diet.

I took liquid ionic zinc ( full doze of half a cap ) once a day for about 5 straight days until it started tasting a little too strong, ever since then iv'e only had 1 dose roughly every 3 days maybe 4. However although raising my zinc levels back up most likely helped and made me feel much calmer, I think the main thing that got me out of DP was the detox from copper.

Also yes I WILL be running like hell :-) iv'e spent way too much time trapped in DP and not living my life, and dedicated my last 8 weeks into writing all of my experiences into my article to share with others. So i'll check here now and then to hopefully see some comments of your positive results, I won't be here much, only occasionally as I need to put all this behind me now and move on, so unfortunately will not be able to respond to too many questions, sorry!

One day at a time guys, have patience, never give up on your recovery!

#8 mike500

mike500

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 24 May 2016 - 05:22 PM

P.S. if it contains high copper avoid it even if it contains high zinc!.. if you take a good liquid zinc supplement to make up for not getting enough in your food then you will be fine.

The amount of foods & drinks to avoid is quite vast, what I did was just check google for each of the foods I eat to see if it contains high copper and cut that out from the diet. It's a very long and complex thing to document because if you take potato for example... potato is fine but NOT potato skins as the skin is high in copper, and then white fish and most other fish is fine to eat, but not sardines, another example is almost all fresh fruit is fine, but all dried fruit is not. So whatever you eat just research it on google, and do searches for 'foods high in copper'

I'll make a quick list of ALL the foods I am now eating...

Potato ( mainly potato waffles & croquettes ),

Porridge,

White fish,

Eggs,

Cheese,

Peas / Carrots / Greenbeans,

Apples / Oranges / Bananas,

Orange Juice,

Milk

This now is my diet and the ONLY foods I eat. Just a quick note of several things I know to avoid which are very high in copper...

ALL nuts, baked beans, mushrooms, tea, coffee, then obviously all wheat products. There is a lot more in the high copper list but google will be your best friend to document everything you need to know.

I hope this helps :-)

#9 KJames

KJames

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 143 posts
  • LocationWest Midlands, UK

Posted 24 May 2016 - 06:08 PM

Ok, quite confused now. According to my google reasearch, alot of the foods that have zinc, also have lots of copper in them. Do you have like a spreadsheet of what to eat and not?

I second this. What foods are recommended?

Thanks

#10 Alex617

Alex617

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 363 posts

Posted 24 May 2016 - 07:46 PM

I would say run like hell.  Run away from this place.  Rejoin the human race.  

You mean this forum? I don't get that sentiment, I don't get dp/dr often but when the symptoms come back it's comforting to come back here and reconnect with people who 'get it'. Once I feel better, I just don't feel the urge to come back on.

#11 Alex617

Alex617

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 363 posts

Posted 24 May 2016 - 07:50 PM

OP good for you, although I'd like to know, if I didn't have dp/dr for 24 years, and got it in one night after smoking a joint, is it safe to assume that joint had massive amounts of copper in it? 

Sorry to be the negative nancy, but dp/dr isn't triggered by the same reasons for everyone. It's a disease of anxiety/stress, not everyone suffers from that due to metal toxicity.

Oh and I've been taking 50mg of zinc every day for 2 years, including the night I got dp/dr.

#12 Ianar

Ianar

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 92 posts

Posted 24 May 2016 - 08:20 PM

I've also taken a high quality zinc supplement for many years and have contained to do so.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users