Please Read the Community Forum Guidelines Before Posting.

Photo

I think this is whats meant to be!

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Creechs

Creechs

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 12 November 2015 - 01:37 PM

Don't you think it's strange how common depersonilization is among people.
Have you ever listened to near death experience stories and how they describe out of body experiences. What if this depersonilization is just our conciousness figuring it all out. To realize that yes we can exist outside our bodies. Just unfortunately some have figured it out and some havent.

#2 Epsilon

Epsilon

• DPSH Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 13 November 2015 - 04:03 PM

Maybe it's just a similiar chemical reaction in the brain that causes this.

I honestly don't have that symptom with DP (Unless camera vision is what you're referring to.)

Have to say, speculation about the symptoms probably fuels it so as much as that is an intriguing and thought-provoking question, I am going to keep myself from answering more in-depth.

#3 thy

thy

Senior DPSelfhelp.com Member

• DPSH Members
  • 774 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 13 November 2015 - 04:39 PM

conciousness figuring it all out. 

figuring what out?

#4 Vincentv

Vincentv

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 85 posts

Posted 28 March 2017 - 04:05 PM

You are very close. DP is actually an out of the body experienc my friend. We, you and and everyone else on this forum is experiencing an out of the body experience, but it's not a FULL out the body, only partial. It doesn't go against religion orand it doesn't contradict science, it's just they way it is and there is plenty of every day proof.  There are many reasons for this and time is hort to explain all of it. Pm me if you want to know more. IF I do explain everything it would take up a lot of time.

#5 Vincentv

Vincentv

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 85 posts

Posted 30 March 2017 - 02:25 PM

So in short we dp-ers escape reality by stepping out of our body. But it's not a full out the body, because if it was fulll, then we would not be concious, therefore all of us are only half concious.... so half out of our body and half concious.

#6 Hedgehog fuzz

Hedgehog fuzz

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 381 posts

Posted 30 March 2017 - 02:42 PM

So how do we get back IN the body?

#7 Vincentv

Vincentv

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 85 posts

Posted 30 March 2017 - 02:58 PM

@Hedgehog good question. And glad you recognize the problem with dp, because it's like I said really a partial out of the body experience. We escape reality because we have a problem we run away from, but science or nature doesn't allow us to fully escape our bodies, because if we did then we would be fully unconcious and not be able to function at all, we would be asleep or not responsive at all. That's why the mechaniasm of dp is partial and not a complete out of the body experience. 

How to get back?

Well the easy answer would be grounding exercises like the typical mindfulness exercises like imagining growing roots from the bottom of your feet to the core of the earth. That exercise is a way to easy the pain and it helps to a degree.

The other way that is better is to question why we got out of our body? what are we afraid of that makes is want to escape from our body??

#8 Vincentv

Vincentv

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 85 posts

Posted 30 March 2017 - 03:03 PM

And to answer that question you need to go back to the beginnings of your dp... what were you running from.. what was so bad that you wanted to partiallly step out of your body to avoid this pain??

#9 Pondererer

Pondererer

Great Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 572 posts
  • LocationBergen, Norway

Posted 31 March 2017 - 03:03 AM

I think there's a big difference between "figuring it all out" and having this sensations that we exist as perhaps as an eternal being that is not confined to only the physical body we define ourselves by, compared to having a chemical imbalance in the brain that fucks you up in ways you could never even imagine

#10 Vincentv

Vincentv

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 85 posts

Posted 31 March 2017 - 04:45 PM

@ponderder: And I must insist that we are eternal beings and not just chemistry (brain-wise). If the latter where the case our dp could, at least in theory, easily be corrected with a chemical pill. It's no surprise that no such pill has been found yet, to correct the so called 'chemical imbalance' for dp sufferers.  

#11 Amina_x

Amina_x

Advanced Member

• DPSH Members
  • 55 posts
  • LocationMid West, USA

Posted 06 April 2017 - 10:49 PM

I think the difference is people who die and come back have the ability to be inside or outside their body. We have no choice but to be outside of our body and observing in third person.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users