Please Read the Community Forum Guidelines Before Posting.

Photo

voices

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#25 oshuway

oshuway

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 28 December 2016 - 05:31 PM

at the onset of all of my anxieties and physical symptoms, one of the first things i experienced were the voices of the people i knew talking to each other in my mind.  from best friends to relatives even to imagined, made-up people.  it was one of the scariest symptoms i've experienced to this day.  and at the time, i always thought that i would slip into believing that they were real.  that was one of my greatest fears that i had at the time, along with losing control and going crazy.

the way i went about rationalizing it was by saying that since i were a young boy i've always sung songs in my head in the voices of the actual singer/songwriter's.  as in, the radio songs, i never sang those in my own voice when i was having it play in my mind.  i found it bizarre that there was so much stigma surrounding the chattering voices in a person's mind, while on the other hand people welcome the voices of popular singers into theirs.  

after the voices in my head settled down, which took a couple of weeks, i still had short bouts of dealing with it before i fell asleep and on an occasion, during the day.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users