• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 joshz28

joshz28

Regular Contributor

• Members
  • 100 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 09:29 PM

Does anyone get really bad headaches like almost everyday?

#2 kate_edwin

kate_edwin

Senior DPSelfhelp.com Member

• Members
  • 2,071 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 10:05 PM

I used to get migraines 2 or 3 times a week, along with tension headaches. Still get both not nearly as often, but more in recent months. Sometimes I get migraines wihout headaches, those are always weird. I get treatment for the migraines every 3 months. Used to get PT/massage. The treatment got the migraines down to one a month, although it's again been more recently, we'll try to figure out why at my net neuro app.

#3 joshz28

joshz28

Regular Contributor

• Members
  • 100 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 07:33 AM

Thats interesting. how did your all start?

#4 kate_edwin

kate_edwin

• Members
  • 2,071 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 03:46 PM

How did what start?

#5 joshz28

joshz28

Regular Contributor

• Members
  • 100 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 04:05 PM

Your dr or headaches..how and when did it start?

#6 kate_edwin

kate_edwin

• Members
  • 2,071 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 07:07 PM

I've had headaches of some significant sort since elementary school, I've had dp 24/7 for about 5 years, but I've probably had dissociation all my life

#7 joshz28

joshz28

Regular Contributor

• Members
  • 100 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 08:36 PM

Do you have anxiety?

#8 PhoenixDown

PhoenixDown

Great Contributor

• Members
  • 476 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 10:29 AM

yes. Horrific headaches. Hard to describe tho. Weird dp headaches that don't fall into a migraine category.

#9 joshz28

joshz28

Regular Contributor

• Members
  • 100 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 07:20 PM

Phoenix..do you have anxiety?

#10 PhoenixDown

PhoenixDown

Great Contributor

• Members
  • 476 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 09:27 PM

nah, I had anxiety for the first 7-8 months of this. Now I just feel like shit.

#11 forestx5

forestx5

Regular Contributor

• Members
  • 388 posts
  • Locationcentral virginia blue ridge mountains

Posted 28 January 2012 - 11:00 PM

nah, I had anxiety for the first 7-8 months of this. Now I just feel like shit.

Kate,
I believe the migraine without headache is referred to as ocular or opthalmic migraine. Do you take an SSRI, and did it reduce the frequency of your ocular migraines?
I began having them a few months after my seizure at 17. My recent MRI shows areas of small lesions which are consistent with about 20% of folks who complain of ocular migraines.
The lesions can be cause by periods of high intracranial pressure. I believe my seizure caused a period of high intracranial pressure, because I had intense and odd headaches following my seizure. I felt my ears "baking", and I have had stapedial myoclonus (spasms of my ear muscles) which are sensitive to light and sound, ever since the seizure. And of course they just blow you off at the emergency room,(hyperventilation?) and send you home to have your brain bake until you develope weird neurological symptoms for the rest of your life. My ocular migraines were frequent, and more frequent with stress. I can say that SSRI therapy reduced them to once every 3 or 4 months. I used to have several a week, and sometimes more than one in a day.
And for 20 years, I was treated by psychiatry without ever having an EEG. My recent EEG shows "slow waves" which are a signature symptom of a history of epilepsy.
If this sounds like a strange story, then read this article from Psychiatric Times:

Complex Partial Seizures Present Diagnostic Challenge
By Richard Restak, M.D. | September 1, 1995
Dr. Restak is a clinical professor of neurology at George Washington University and associate clinical professor of neurology at Georgetown University Medical Center

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Temporal lobe epilepsy (TLE), now more commonly called complex partial seizure disorder so as to include seizures that originate in the frontal foci, straddles the borderland between psychiatry and neurology. Since the condition may involve gross disorders of thought and emotion, patients with temporal lobe epilepsy frequently come to the attention of psychiatrists. But since symptoms may occur in the absence of generalized grand mal seizures, physicians may often fail to recognize the epileptic origin of the disorder. Indeed, misdiagnosis and failures of diagnosis are common in TLE. Fortunately, the illness is marked by certain "signature" symptoms that can aid in its identification.....more follows.
The complete article is here: http://www.psychiatr...cle/10168/54456
It requires a login and password. I'm just a patient, and they let me in.

#12 joshz28

joshz28

Regular Contributor

• Members
  • 100 posts

Posted 02 February 2012 - 08:03 PM

Same here pheonix..lets just punch each other in the face...haha

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users