• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 scienceguy

scienceguy

Regular Contributor

• Members
  • 118 posts

Posted 15 January 2011 - 10:02 PM

All right reserch time. for those of you ssri's made your DP/DR worse. Please describe the symtoms it made worse and whether your DP/DR was caused by drugs or anxiety.

#2 somachinaski87

somachinaski87

Contributor

• Members
  • 18 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 16 January 2011 - 01:25 AM

I think this is somewhat of a bad idea because most of us have bad anxiety and just reading negative effects of medication is going to scare us away from taking anything or cause us to think the meds are doing bad things to us when they arent. I think a better one would be "which SSRIs made your DP/DR better" so we get lists of ones that work for people rather than don't its a bit more positive and helpfull I think

#3 scienceguy

scienceguy

Regular Contributor

• Members
  • 118 posts

Posted 16 January 2011 - 03:40 AM

I think this is somewhat of a bad idea because most of us have bad anxiety and just reading negative effects of medication is going to scare us away from taking anything or cause us to think the meds are doing bad things to us when they arent. I think a better one would be "which SSRIs made your DP/DR better" so we get lists of ones that work for people rather than don't its a bit more positive and helpfull I think

already did that one, and this isn't mean to scare any one.this reserch is to find out the true nayure of DP and neurotranmiters are involved.

Also please be aware ssri's have made some people's DP worse and this should be known amonst the community.

#4 radiocure

radiocure

Contributor

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 16 January 2011 - 05:14 AM

Celexa (60 mg) has made me a narcissist (my ego was already large before dp), have a delusions of grandeur, constantly tired, and lowered my sex drive (but not to a crippling point).

I must admit though, that with hard work on my relationship (without therapy!), it also took away all of my depression, panic attacks, and depersonalization.

#5 Teresa

Teresa

Regular Contributor

• Members
  • 135 posts
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 16 January 2011 - 05:30 AM

Ive been on: Zoloft, Celexa and Paxil (im still on paxil)

Zoloft make my DP very intense... It gave me the numb-feeling and the feeling: Who am I...

Celexa, made DP worse, but DR was awfull on this drug... I was soooo far away....

Paxil... makes both DP and DR worse but not as bad as celexa...

So this is kind of a problem to me because I have major depression also...

The dugs also gives me intense and strange dreams... I cant wake up proberly ind the mornings, the dream just "hang" im my head, and during the day I get many "dream-flashbacks"... its horrible... I used to get a little of this without the meds... but when I started the meds it just went crazy...

I feel like Im in the twillight-zone... but Im scared of getting of the meds because my depression and anxiety was REALLY bad before and I couldĀ“nt do anything.. not even watch TV, eat, sleep or surf the internet...

#6 scienceguy

scienceguy

Regular Contributor

• Members
  • 118 posts

Posted 16 January 2011 - 08:59 PM

Celexa (60 mg) has made me a narcissist (my ego was already large before dp), have a delusions of grandeur, constantly tired, and lowered my sex drive (but not to a crippling point).

I must admit though, that with hard work on my relationship (without therapy!), it also took away all of my depression, panic attacks, and depersonalization.

Very interesting, what was your DP caused by and what would you say came first your depression or the DP?

#7 scienceguy

scienceguy

Regular Contributor

• Members
  • 118 posts

Posted 16 January 2011 - 09:05 PM

Ive been on: Zoloft, Celexa and Paxil (im still on paxil)

Zoloft make my DP very intense... It gave me the numb-feeling and the feeling: Who am I...

Celexa, made DP worse, but DR was awfull on this drug... I was soooo far away....

Paxil... makes both DP and DR worse but not as bad as celexa...

So this is kind of a problem to me because I have major depression also...

The dugs also gives me intense and strange dreams... I cant wake up proberly ind the mornings, the dream just "hang" im my head, and during the day I get many "dream-flashbacks"... its horrible... I used to get a little of this without the meds... but when I started the meds it just went crazy...

I feel like Im in the twillight-zone... but Im scared of getting of the meds because my depression and anxiety was REALLY bad before and I couldĀ“nt do anything.. not even watch TV, eat, sleep or surf the internet...

The same happend for me when I was on an ssri and even worse. I felt as if there were litterly no distiction between my dreams and realty my DP got so bad I could not feel the presance of my body at all. It made my memory and thinking problems worse.

personaly I would choose another anti depressant if your depression is that bad it needs meds, go for remeron or welbutren. remeron preferably if you have anxiety too. your DP might not be treated by these meds but atleast it wont get worse.

#8 rickysmartin

rickysmartin

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 12:10 PM

I think it's a pretty good idea, because most of us have bad anxiety and read the adverse effects of drugs will haunt us to accept something, or lead to drugs that do bad things to us when they arent. I think it would be better, "as SSRIs DP / DR better, so we have a list of those who work for the people, but it is a little more positive and useful to think

#9 pboy

pboy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 10 March 2011 - 01:01 PM

SSRis for me have caused DP and DR. DP and DR are withdrawal symptoms from SSRI's, and I'm experiencing Lexapro withdrawal currently. I wish I knew what causes it.
I had to get off the Lex because I was so lethargic on it and didnt care about anything.

#10 JayBEE!

JayBEE!

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 28 August 2011 - 03:26 PM

I was on celexa and paxil, and they killed my concentration and memory

#11 comett

comett

Contributor

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 01:23 AM

I am on paxil and trazadone and swear by these drugs
they really helped with the depression i was in which was partly because of the DP
when my depression got better my DP got better too

i have dealt with DP for many many years and the years on meds have been the best for me and i am knocking on wood as i speak

#12 noname

noname

Regular Contributor

• Members
  • 207 posts

Posted 08 September 2011 - 01:34 PM

Ive mitiged result with celexa. massive up and down, no effect on dp (or slightly worse). I was totally numb (not in a dp way), its for this reason ive stopped (after 6 month). Sexual diminution was a problem for the first two month.
Today Im totally fucked in concentration and memory, and ive some bizarre thought. I dunno if this is the result of ssri, or recent dp increase.
Honestly I dont think this type of medication is good. Our brain seems to be already fucked, its perhaps not a good idea to oversaturate it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users