Please Read the Community Forum Guidelines Before Posting.

Photo

DPD (Depersonalization Disorder) Symptom domains

25 replies to this topic

#25 King Elliott

King Elliott

Senior DPSelfhelp.com Member

• Administrators
  • 944 posts

Posted 08 February 2016 - 08:07 AM

There is no way of scoring "No Dp" in this test. Even if you answer once or twice to only one of them the tests says you have mild depersonalization. Everybody in their lives feel spacey or their mind is somewhere else from time to time. I don't think the test is accurate as the cambridge scale. You DON'T have it as a disorder even if you experience some of those from time to time. It might be as simple as an anxiety symptoms which is the case for the most of the people. This topic is extremely misleading.

Yeah, Steinberg's DP questionnaire, similar to her book, is designed to encourage people to take the SCI-D, which - surprise, surprise - requires an expensive session with a trained interviewer. As far as I'm concerned, it's a con and this questionnaire has no place being passed off as a valid instrument for assessing DP.

The CDS (the original Trait version) is a validated diagnostic tool. The CDS-State is a crude measure of severity and is useful for measuring progress during treatment.

Since this thread is pinned and we already have a pinned thread dedicated to validated instruments, I'm removing the tests from the OP. The list of symptom domains is what's useful here. As for tests, all 3 major instruments (CDS-Trait, CDS-State and DES) can be found here.

#26 Johnnyboy

Johnnyboy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 23 April 2017 - 11:34 AM

Do you guys ever overlook stuff a lot because of this? I feel like I always look right past things that are right in front of my eyes, and it just doesn't register really. This is probably just a result of lack of concentration but just curious if you have this particular thing as a major problem.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users