5 replies to this topic

#1 flat

flat

Senior DPSelfhelp.com Member

• Members
  • 730 posts
  • Locationcanada

Posted 27 December 2008 - 12:12 AM

When I wake up in the middle of the night, around 3 or 4 in the morning, I see a rapid flickering of light behind my eyelids. Like a pulsating strobe light. I don't see this during the middle of the day when I wake up from a nap. Only at night. Maybe it's got something to do with emerging from a deep sleep state in complete darkness. It does go away after I start walking around and turn on some lights. Does anybody else get this flickering light effect?

#2 egodeath

egodeath

• Members
  • 1,183 posts
  • LocationWhere?

Posted 27 December 2008 - 12:24 AM

I do sometimes, but it isn't restricted to any specific time. I also have hallucinogen persisting perception disorder (HPPD) along with my DPD, though. Have you ever used psychedelics or cannabis? If so have you noticed any other symptoms of HPPD? Below is a link to a site that gives info about HPPD:

http://www.drugs-for...ead.php?t=20456

#3 typaige

typaige

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 16 January 2009 - 03:34 PM

I don't think its HPPD, because it's not black dots. I have exactly the same thing when I wake up during the night or when I'm going to sleep very late. It was horrifying the first time, but I've just come to terms with the fact that it's probably a result of my DPD.

#4 egodeath

egodeath

• Members
  • 1,183 posts
  • LocationWhere?

Posted 16 January 2009 - 06:23 PM

I don't want to cause worry, but that's not a typical symptom of Depersonalization Disorder.
I'm not a doctor, but I'd recommend you see a neurologist.

#5 CrypticUk

CrypticUk

Regular Contributor

• Members
  • 130 posts

Posted 16 January 2009 - 07:17 PM

When I wake up in the middle of the night, around 3 or 4 in the morning, I see a rapid flickering of light behind my eyelids. Like a pulsating strobe light. I don't see this during the middle of the day when I wake up from a nap. Only at night. Maybe it's got something to do with emerging from a deep sleep state in complete darkness. It does go away after I start walking around and turn on some lights. Does anybody else get this flickering light effect?

Yes i get this sometimes.

#6 letsgetbetter

letsgetbetter

Regular Contributor

• Members
  • 93 posts

Posted 20 January 2009 - 10:37 AM

I used to see that when I was tired and was in bed in the dark. I got it before I had DP and always just put it down to stress. Don't worry about it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users