Donate to DPSelfhelp.com

Participate in DPD/DR research (new thread).

- Server Administration/Main admin change: Selig

Photo

Left side of body problems

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 Pablo

Pablo

Senior DPSelfhelp.com Member

• Members
  • 1,654 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 17 July 2007 - 05:14 AM

I do a lot of body and energy work and it is clear that nearly all of my tensions and blockages are down the left side of my body and after a lot of work I can now feel a block in my left ankle, left wrist and a big blockage in the left side of my neck, I get uncomfortable feelings on my spleen/liver area sometimes and I also look different on the left side compared to the right :shock:

From my understanding these blocks are psychological repressions of some sort restricting the flow of emotion and energy, but what I am having trouble with is why they are all on the left side of my body :? while my right side seems to be fine. I have been told that the left side is the feminine side so does that mean that I am repressing my feminine characteristics? because if that is true then I find that strange because I have never been a really macho guy who is scarred of being a bit feminine, also I am confused because I have been told that repressed anger is stored in the liver which is on the left side of the body so if I wanted to repress anger then it would make sense for me to be cut off from the left side, (im pretty sure I have a problem with repressed anger) but it seems a contradiction that the left side is where both anger and my feminine side is located, so which is correct?. Perhaps this doesnt make alot of sense to most people but if anyone understands what I am saying and can give some advice it would be very appreciated.

#2 Emulated Puppet}eer

Emulated Puppet}eer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 17 July 2007 - 07:51 AM

The word anima comes to mind... hummm:

http://en.wikipedia....iki/Anima_(Jung)

(Click on "Anima (Jung), both one's "true self" as well as the side of a man's unconscious mind in the")

#3 Pablo

Pablo

• Members
  • 1,654 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 17 July 2007 - 10:19 AM

I am struggling about how to embrace and intregrate my anima side, I suppose growing up in a male dominated house with only brothers and not many female friends does make it difficult, especially when I would try to talk about how I was feeling and they would just say "Go have a beer", but I dont know how to even begin to attempt it without feeling like a complete idiot :?

#4 Emulated Puppet}eer

Emulated Puppet}eer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 17 July 2007 - 10:54 AM

Yeah... I think I could do with some more female friends... I like the female as a friend... they are kinda funny and cute... and you don't have to act all tought in front of them... =S... lol. ))) Hugs all da females (((.

#5 Pablo

Pablo

• Members
  • 1,654 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 17 July 2007 - 11:23 AM

Yeah they are pretty nice but I do feel more secure when I am with my male friends just because there is far less bullsht and bitchyness going on so I know where I stand, but then again they get really uncomfortable when it comes to emotional problems and feelings.....maybe I should find a transsexual.

#6 Emulated Puppet}eer

Emulated Puppet}eer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 17 July 2007 - 12:25 PM

.....maybe I should find a transsexual.

:lol: quite the "balanced" human. You want a Hermaphrodite :P

#7 dizzy

dizzy

Contributor

• Members
  • 17 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 17 July 2007 - 01:04 PM

"they are kinda funny and cute"..............Like puppies??????Men :roll:

#8 CECIL

CECIL

• Members
  • 1,239 posts
  • LocationPerth, Western Australia

Posted 17 July 2007 - 10:07 PM

The left/feminine side isn't only emotion - it represents intuition, emotion and the negative space in creation (i.e. the space in which creation takes place, like a womb) off the top of my head.

It is also the "gateway" to your connection with god/the universe. Or "the source" as I used to call it after watching the Matrix, lol.

You may want to look at each of those meanings as well.

#9 nu-power

nu-power

Regular Contributor

• Members
  • 244 posts

Posted 20 July 2007 - 06:44 PM

repressed anger....

i was always fighting with my ex-fiance three years ago and since then i always feel something wrong with my left side of my body, im sure of this coz nothing like this ever happened to me before, i was so worried about my left side of my body. i felt spasm moving all over from head to toe. i thought i was going to be blind :( . and now its all gone. only when i get angry or sad i feel a slight heavyness in my left side but i dont know about the liver, maybe the heart is the store for repressed anger and its also on the left side. its easier if u ask a doctor :D

#10 Emulated Puppet}eer

Emulated Puppet}eer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 20 July 2007 - 06:49 PM

"they are kinda funny and cute"..............Like puppies??????Men :roll:

You "people" start making "sense" and i'll come to respect ya'll :)

#11 Rozanne

Rozanne

• Members
  • 3,090 posts

Posted 20 July 2007 - 07:32 PM

Hi Pablo,
I read something once which seem pertinent to this question: both hands can give and receive. I'm not sure how one should think of the two sides from day to day, what is healthiest I mean.

The front of the body is yin (and energy moves downwards apparently) and the back is yang, with energy moving upwards...and these complement a centre which is neutral.

I found a really excellent source of this...as it lists the smaller chakras (like the different ones of the forehead and the difference between the root chakra and coccygeal one).

http://kheper.net/to...kras/index.html

#12 Rozanne

Rozanne

• Members
  • 3,090 posts

Posted 20 July 2007 - 07:39 PM

It's amazing because with the help of this site I'm discovering minor chakras I didn't even realise I had...cheeks, eyes etc.

I need to open my feet and knees though most probably.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users