• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 nick123456

nick123456

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 25 June 2007 - 12:41 PM

Hi. I was just wondering if anybody else does this or has done it in the past. To deal with strange symptoms and the emptiness I feel, I repeat a thought over and over again, constantly, in my head. Litereally every moment...It seems to change the way I feel for the better. A thought I was repeating in my head over and over again for a while was "love yourself as other" which in another way is like saying love yourself objectively. It helps me to concentrate and makes me feel like I have somewhat of a "self".
The problem is, it feels like it's just blcoking or repressing my problems. It feels pretty fake and I Wonder if it actually hurts getting better long term, while making me feel better short term.

Would love to hear some thoughts. Thanks.

-Nick

#2 nick123456

nick123456

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 25 June 2007 - 12:42 PM

Wanted to post another to emphasize the fact that this thought is repeated EVERY single moment, over and over again. Thats the only way it'll work.

#3 Martinelv

Martinelv

Senior DPSelfhelp.com Member

• Members
  • 2,803 posts
  • LocationNorwich, England, UK

Posted 25 June 2007 - 12:50 PM

Oh yes indeed. What you are talking about, it seems, is OCR (another member, I forget who it was - sorry, gave it this label) or Obsessional Compulsive Rumimination, is a major, major facet of DR/DP.

#4 Guest_MentallyIll_*

Guest_MentallyIll_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 June 2007 - 12:58 PM

Im prolly the worst Obsessive Thought victim ever, u have no idea how bad Pure O can mess ur mind up. Let it go, none of it is true. Just trust me, stop it.
I wish I took that advice, Id be happyand living life if I took that advice, its a matter of life or suffering, so chose to seek help and let the thoughts just pass by

#5 nick123456

nick123456

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 25 June 2007 - 01:03 PM

I'm confused. Doing this thought repetition, over and over again at every single moment has helped me...it helped me concentrate this year in school and I did well after years of being a mess in class. It's something that I chose to do (although recently I haven't been doing it because I've been in therapy and this "thought repetition" blocks my ability to explain symptoms) Are we thinking of the same thing here?

#6 Guest_MentallyIll_*

Guest_MentallyIll_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 June 2007 - 01:11 PM

Sounds more like mantra to me:P then no problem, if u can chose it turn off and on and it helps, np

#7 nick123456

nick123456

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 25 June 2007 - 03:52 PM

It's like I'm two completely different people when i do it, compared to when I don't. Does anybody else repeat a "mantra" over and over again at every moment in their head?

#8 hakan

hakan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 25 June 2007 - 04:02 PM

i found my relief in willing to die....
if i face death than nothing of this shit matters...then at least you dont have to love or think sth...
when u get used to the idea of dying,,eventually nothing will matter, whatever or which way you feel you are,you will realize that you will die..
so i really thank universe for we are all going to die..otherwise i wouldnt be able to get out of the loop..

but as i wrote in my original post, i enden up with deep depression....well i think anybody would prefer depression to dp...:))
at least i do..i kind of believe,this period is a time for developing yourself...there is something missing in our way of looking at life...so this is your opportunity to change...

well i m kind of spiritual in that sense...
but who cares..
get well soon buddy.
hakan

#9 Guest_MentallyIll_*

Guest_MentallyIll_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 June 2007 - 04:37 PM

Well yeah, I think most would prefer anything over DP:P

I found a little relief in death to, but you should still be married to life...

#10 PPPP

PPPP

• Members
  • 1,239 posts

Posted 25 June 2007 - 05:05 PM

I think that once you face death and get used to the idea of dying that's when you find that everything matters.
and maybe that's why it's scary.

i found my relief in willing to die....
if i face death than nothing of this shit matters...then at least you dont have to love or think sth...
when u get used to the idea of dying,,eventually nothing will matter, whatever or which way you feel you are,you will realize that you will die..
so i really thank universe for we are all going to die..otherwise i wouldnt be able to get out of the loop..

#11 ihavemessedupdreams

ihavemessedupdreams

• Members
  • 825 posts

Posted 25 June 2007 - 05:18 PM

Im at the point where I dont even think anymore I just go with the flow when I dont even have a flow to begin with I THINK NOTHING I FEEL NOTHING I might aswell be dead

#12 Guest_MentallyIll_*

Guest_MentallyIll_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 June 2007 - 05:35 PM

Man have you tried getting really drunk and just feel sorry for yourself? just to see if it gives you any emotion?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users