Donate to DPSelfhelp.com, see here for more info.

Site Moved to a new server -Selig

- Server Administration/Main admin change: Selig

Photo

Derealization and the way your vision works

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 ?real?ity?

?real?ity?

Regular Contributor

• Members
  • 276 posts
  • Locationunited states, west coast, i wonder how many words i can fit into this before it cuts me off of typi

Posted 20 March 2007 - 07:23 AM

I want to ask this from people that developed derealization without any psychedelics used. Do you get tracers? Also, does anything ever look cartoonish to you? Especially if you walk outside. Not sure if anyone will get what I mean, cartoonish might be a wrong word to use.

#2 mornhyland

mornhyland

Contributor

• Members
  • 27 posts
  • LocationNorthampton, MA

Posted 20 March 2007 - 07:30 AM

Things get out of focus for me. Things become blurry and difficult to identify.

#3 PPPP

PPPP

Senior DPSelfhelp.com Member

• Members
  • 1,239 posts

Posted 20 March 2007 - 11:10 PM

#4 ?real?ity?

?real?ity?

Regular Contributor

• Members
  • 276 posts
  • Locationunited states, west coast, i wonder how many words i can fit into this before it cuts me off of typi

Posted 20 March 2007 - 11:21 PM

does the depth preception change for anyone else?

#5 PPPP

PPPP

• Members
  • 1,239 posts

Posted 20 March 2007 - 11:57 PM

you know for that reason I've always had trouble with perspective drawings. :lol:
ahhh I'm so bad at trying to draw depth when the way I see it is all messed up.

#6 AKISAME

AKISAME

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
  • LocationBryn Mawr, PA

Posted 21 March 2007 - 03:51 PM

I think I know what you mean by "cartoonish" because I too have this problem when DRed. I also tend to see a lot of halos and streaks, and my eyes will have difficulty focusing, especially on quick or busy things (think fast paced video games). However, after going to the eye doctor, my vision is near-perfect, so it really seems to be mainly connected to the DR.

#7 Cloverstone

Cloverstone

• Contributor
  • 2,683 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 21 March 2007 - 06:35 PM

I want to ask this from people that developed derealization without any psychedelics used. Do you get tracers? Also, does anything ever look cartoonish to you? Especially if you walk outside. Not sure if anyone will get what I mean, cartoonish might be a wrong word to use.

My DP and DR were not drug induced and both are chronic. My vision is by far the most disturbing and debilitating symptom. I have tracers, snow/static, shadows that aren't there, flickering or pulsating objects and horrible depth perception. I have always described what I see to a non-DP'er as cartoonlike or plastic. Especially the outdoors, trees, plants, flowers, the sky...it all looks like a prop. I totally understand what you mean by cartoonish.

Not that it will necessarily make you feel better but you are definitely not alone. :?

#8 stanD'infamy

stanD'infamy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 21 March 2007 - 07:25 PM

Hey yeh,

I am never sure what caused my dp/dr.... tho totally with you, infact I mainly have dr to be honest, which to me is simply the perception of the world. How I see it now is different to when I was born,
and yeh, it's like 2D, cartoonish, people just look fake. it's very frightening I think.
I want it to go away, but I think my brain may have changed for ever (''.)

To be honest the hardest thing I find with things looking so wierd is it making me feel like I can't experience life how I used to! I feel blocked out of reality, I hate this the most.

:roll:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users